Thursday, November 25, 2010

These are a few of my Favorite Things….

Buying Christmas gifts are getting harder and harder each year. Each year, we have relatives, we make more friends, more work acquaintances, but the ideas for Christmas gifts remain the same. This year, I hope a few of my favorite things help you to find Christmas gifts for your friends who made the ‘good list’:

1. BOOKS! I love them. I love the look of them, the stories inside them, the smell of them, the way the paper sounds when you turn a page. I’m addicted! If you know the person well, then the gift of a book is beyond personal – it’s almost like you’re giving a piece of yourself. You’re saying “Hi, I’m your friend, and I love you. This is a book I saw and thought of you immediately.” --- Okay so maybe not those exact words, but that is how personal a book can be. Something that’s on my wish list this Christmas is Jay-z’s artistic manifesto titled Decoded.

2. If Diamonds are a girls best friend, then gentlemen, so is any type of jewelry! Girls love it, I’ve had a few of the JOHN HARDY pieces wink at me from the window a few times this year and I think I’m hinting at my boyfriend to buy me a pair of Sterling Silver, Black Sapphire Stud Earrings

3. Pampering products have always won the hearts of many. Massage oils, body washes, exotic treatments, balms, anything that makes her feel beautiful. One particular brand of bath and body products that I’ve always loved, is by an Australian company called Inessence. Their products stole my heart from when I was living in Melbourne. From The Body Allure Gift Box, the shower gel smells and feels super refreshing with tones of peppermint. The hand cream is one of the softest I’ve ever felt and smells like a garden of lavender, and do not get me started about the ultrarich body balm. This balm, straight after a shower, just a little bit in your hand, completely moisturizes your whole body and leaves a lovely fresh scent of mimosa flowers. A few of their products are sold in Hong Kong, but if you can grab a hold of their gift packs, they have never ceased to amaze and make people feel that little bit more special during the Christmas time.

4. If you're looking for stocking fillers or for something slightly more avant garde and risque in the Christmas Cards arena -- I have loved postcards by Janes Nation. I love the satirical imagery of love and happiness illustrated by the hand drawn art. A pack of five post cards comes for HKD$90. Contact info@uforepublic.com to buy your non-traditional works of art in the form of postcards.

5. And last but certainly not the least, Kanchan Couture brought out this year a series of Christmas Hearts Gift Sets. Sorry guys, nothing for you this year, only women’s products in this one. What’s Inside? A Heart Tee, a pair of earrings, and an all natural hand-made scented soap. Perfect for me, perfect for her, perfect for Christmas!

Dear Santa, This year I want for Christmas... :)


Enquiries: +852 2117 1782 | info@kanchancouture.com
www.kanchancouture.com | www.kanchancouture-bridal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment