Monday, February 23, 2009

..The only moment we have

Usually sitting down to write the blog at the end of the week is a stress-less experience but for the last few weeks I have found myself feeling uninspired, continuing to put it off for another day. A long hard ponder later I came to the discovery that it was my chosen topic – Couture shows 2009.

Season after season patiently waiting to see what Galliano’s going to throw at us this year (he never fails to disappoint leaving us this season with romantic femininity from the old masters), What Lagerfeld is cooking up (he leaves us to ponder the beauty of the color white with intricate detailing) and what La Croix is going to “overload” us (he over stacked our imagination with layers of jewellery) with – each day waiting for the show images to come online, reading what our style guru’s are saying about the happenings at the show. Although I enjoy this on my own suddenly having to write about it, felt a sudden pressure, thus I decided to keep this as a personal ritual…and moved on to write about flowing and living in the present moment.

Talking to friends all around, it seems the world is wrapped up worrying about tomorrow, what the economy will bring, why they have family problems, why they cannot get along with their boyfriend/ girlfriend, what people are saying about them etc..I understand this is terrifying but I truly believe that life is perfect; you are never given more than you can handle and in the end it always seems to work out. No outcome is better or worse it is all just a matter of perception. Being human I too worry about how my business will survive in these times, what the next step is etc etc etc ..but then I look to the moment and focus on the present, as it is really all we have.

Now you might wonder what all this has to do with running a fashion business …well for me my moment of presence, where time and space do not matter, where life is perfect and my being is truly in the moment always seems to be backstage of a fashion show.

About an hour before light, camera, action…I find my heart’s pace quicken, people running around asking what to wear, what order they need to go in, the loud motor of the hairdryer, the paint palettes of the make-up artists ...the precious hours all dissolve into a short moment before the girls are out on the catwalk and it is soon all over…then it’s back to plotting a way for that kind of “present moment” to strike my life again.

For now…leaving you with images of Kanchan Couture’s Fashion show, Feb 20th Lan Kwai Fong, Hong Kong.








Thanking my hair and make-up sponsors: Heidi from Soie, Kenny Pau, BIG Events in putting the event together, California for the venue and the lovely models! Thanks Thanks Thanks !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment