Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Magazine Collection

Yesterday I was having a little trouble thinking of what to write for our blog topic.
I was going from fashion site to fashion site to find some inspiration on what to write. Nothing has really happened lately in the fashion world other than the ex wife of Gucci heir, Maurizio Gucci decided to stay in prison rather than parole for having her husband killed in 1995.

So scanned our office and my eyes met with Kanch's impressive fashion magazine collection.
When we first moved into our temp office I had quickly flicked through some of Kanch's old Vogue's needless to say it wasn't enough time to look through everything- ha ha

Then Kanch asked me to do some research for our new improved blog that will launch at the end of this month. We want to create a really great educational, interesting, inspirational and of course fun new blog so i was researching some ideas for our blog-make-over.

I have to say that my favourite magazines from Kanch's collection are the more artsy kind like purple, 10 and 032c. I mean don't get me wrong I adore Vogue and the editorial spreads are beautiful but Vogue caters to a certain audience and don't usually push the boundaries on an artistic level which others do.I enjoy the grungy simplistic art which purple, 10 and 032c happily offer. The editorials featured in these magazines are always fashionable but they have that artistic edge where it crosses the line between art and a look book.

I don't know what it is about fashion magazines, I also love collecting them but If I had every single one that I had ever bought still i'd need another apartment to store it all in. Such a shame i couldn't keep them all! I love looking at old magazines, trends from back then, stories, and news. Needless to say I have started my collection again and vowed never to throw any away, lets see how that goes!

I came up with some great research and I can't wait for all of you to see it! We've got a few ideas for the blog and now I'm off to do some drafts for Kanch.
Check out a section of Kanch's collection!

Love, Petra

Enquiries: +852 2117 1782 | info@kanchancouture.com

www.kanchancouture.com | www.kanchancouture-bridal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment