Tuesday, August 10, 2010

REVIEW: September Issue of VOGUE British

Did you know that the September issues of most Magazines are the largest, out of all the issues from the year? I didn’t. Once a year, right before Paris, Milan, London Fashion Week, all magazines bulk up their advertising, fashion sections and articles are all fashion week / fashion related. It’s all quite intense. To educate me, Kanch handed me the fashion bible, I sat down this week with the September issue of VOGUE British. 

The amount of advertising in this issue is kind of shocking. Large brands and Fashion franchises buying full pages, or even two-four page spreads of models sprawled across the page wearing, holding, eating, flaunting their clothes, accessories, shoes, and handbags. The magazine is 70% advertising, 20% Articles, 10% Supplements = 100% Still Awesome. 

This year’s Fall/Autumn trends are a bit hard for me to understand. But I suppose a room full of Vogue fashion experts can’t all be wrong! For example, Camel Coats (I had to look this one up, Camel suggested Camel-hide to me, so I had to make sure!) with both open collarless necks and funnel necks. Furry boots, coats and vests, which slightly resembled hairy, unkempt bear fur to me. 

But on the other hand, I LOVED the 50s inspired fashions, cropped pants and below knee length hemlines.

Vogue says, ‘tis the season to be MINIMAL! Not in those exact words, but you get the point. They suggest sticking to beiges, pastels and single hued clothes this Fall / Autumn, but don’t forget to add a fun addition, or feature piece to the outfit. This best suits Kanchan Couture’s style. 

Last Wednesday we had some new pieces come into the Atelier, they are simply gorgeous. We haven’t had a chance to take any nice photos of them yet, and I might not be able to! One of my favorite pieces is this Gold, high wasted wrap around skirt wit a Gold print. We received 3 pieces, and sold 2 pieces in one day! This would be ideal to wear with some simple black Mary Janes, plain black tank top, and maybe some studded earrings. Minimal Glamour? I think so! 

Other articles that I enjoyed was the feature on Georgio Armani himself, Sketch Show – a journalist explores the lost art of Fashion sketching and the supplement about Jonathan Groff (completely unrelated, I’m an avid GLEE televsion show watcher.) 

Believe it or not, this was my first time ever reading a full issue of Vogue, and I have officially been converted! Now, I have another magazine to add to my pile each month. Great…


Enquiries 2117 2187 or email info@kanchancouture.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment