Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The End of 2008

With the end of the year round the corner, it always seems an appropriate time to look stop, rewind and see what 2008 has brought? Do you look back in retrospect and wonder what was the biggest moment of the year was and play it back in your mind step by step?

A dear friend of mine and I have a yearly ritual, on boxing day we meet up for a post Christmas lunch and discuss what we have accomplished in the past year, what were our unaccomplished intentions and then we move on the setting down what we would like the new year to bring. It takes a good 4 hours and is a draining experience but I assure you it leaves you lighter in the mind and heart.

I often forget that a year of running a fashion business, on its own seems to be the accomplishment. This would not have been possible without all the people who have shown me love and support along the way and I would just like to take a second to give them a BIG THANK YOU…

My three biggest accomplishments this year:

_Getting sponsored to go to Singapore to show my collections at Raffles City Mall during Singapore Fashion Festival
_ Being featured in Elle Magazine
_ Got my first stockest in Hong Kong at Delay No Mall (www.dnm.hk), where you can now buy Kanchan Couture

Three happenings I would like to accomplish in 2009:

_Double my revenue month on month since 2008 (at least)
_Take the collection over to Paris
_Get at least 4 more stockest internationally thus selling internationally

This Christmas one of the best gifts I was given is a book called “Tribes” by Seth Godin. I would like to leave you with an inspiring murmuring from it ending the year being inspired (for those in Hong Kong it is already 2009 as I am writing this on a plane to New York):

“Life is too short to fight the forces of change. Life is too short to hate what you do all day long. Life is too short to make mediocre stuff.”…So lets embrace the changes that 2009 creating stuff that’s amazing !!

…Bring it on 2009!!

No comments:

Post a Comment