Thursday, January 7, 2010

I HAve crazy...






Yes Yes ok so I am biased....the gallery owners of ufoArtgallery are my best friends so all of us at Kanchan Couture go down and support them when we can. Aside from that it is hard to find many galleries in Hong Kong that put on exhibitions of cool, funky, almost a bit crazy artists that are at affordable prices. Being an entrepreneur whenever I invest in a piece of art the first criteria is that I need to love it and the second is the return on investment.

We've just recently invested in a Stefan Strumbel print to adorn the walls at Kanchan Couture - everyone loves its intense color and energy. In my eyes he is the Andy Warhol of our generation, not only was the price great but am sure the aesthetic value it has brought to my clients, studio and I is unbeatable.....a bonus being the value of it is increasing daily.

Their new exhibition is colorful and crazy....making you feel warm as soon as you walk into the space (perhaps perfect for this cold day).

"I create cartoon characters that would fail a Disney audition. They look too sad, too eager to please, too dumb, too angry or they haven’t aged well. For me these characters represent the imperfect masses." ---Nick Morris and Dave Bowers

Very inspiring...has me ticking as to the direction of my new collection, exciting!!

I HAve crazy
Exhibition 8 - 29 January 2010
Opening 8 January 2010, 6 - 9pm ufoArtgallery G/F 39 Graham Street, Central
Tel +852 2151 3772
info@ufoartgallery.com
www.ufoArtgallery.com


....inspiring art......

www.kanchancouture.com

No comments:

Post a Comment